Canaport LNG seeks to establish a standard of providing the expected high quality Natural Gas, using advanced technology, operating in a safe manner, enlisting efficient practices, and championing rigorous standards for the benefit of all our stake holders. As part of our culture we will consider health, safety and the environment foremost in all that we do.
We are committed to conducting our business in the best interests of our people, the welfare of the community and with high standards of environmental responsibility by:
- Providing a clear strategic plan that integrates safety, occupational health, and environment into all our business decisions, plans and operations.
- Complying with all applicable laws, regulatory requirements and promote industry best practices and procedures.
- Our commitment to providing and improving protection against risk of workplace injury and illness.
To ensure the effectiveness of our Health, Safety & Environmental Policy, it is our responsibility to:
- Foster open communications and create a culture where no activity is so important that it cannot be done safely or without due regard to the environment.
- Promote and practice our Health, Safety & Environmental Policy by enhancing employee development through a training curriculum.
- Conduct regular safety audits in which findings and recommendations will be communicated.
- Identify and address all nonconformance and opportunities for corrective and preventative action.
- Regularly monitor and continuously improve our environmental performance and safety records.
- Implement controls for our operation and activities which include monitoring and assessing the effectiveness of our emergency preparedness and response plans.
- Apply health, safety and environmental criteria in our strategy, in all aspects and throughout the life cycle of our business activities. The objective is to prevent pollution, personal injuries, and asset damage while respecting local bio-diversity and communities.
We demonstrate commitment through the creation of a workplace environment where all incidents will be viewed as being preventable while encouraging responsible and safe behaviour.
- We remain accountable to our stakeholders to ensure that the operation is meeting the strategic.
- We will conduct our activities with special attention to protecting our employees, contractors and neighbours.
- We will minimize the impact that our Terminal operations may have on the environment.
- We will operate in accordance with this corporate Health, Safety and Environmental Policy.
This policy of co-operative involvement ensures that everything reasonable is done to reduce health hazards, and ensure the safety of our employees and the environment. We measure our success by:
- Establishing Key performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Validating employee skill level to ensure safety training competence.
- Listening to all employee and stakeholder concerns and recommendations while investigating and tracking the results.
- Ensuring policy and procedural awareness on the part of all employees.